Tuesday 19 January 2016

Back Home

L's operation went well and is now recovering at home.

For me and M it has been a difficult time seeing L in such pain and discomfort but,
almost everyone involved with L's care at the hospital were wonderful and tried to make her as comfortable as she could be.

Small adjustments have to now be made at home whilst L continues to recover, like sleeping and sitting positions using pillows, cusions and/or rolled up blankets. Also she's  learning how to adjust her movements with a rigid back.

The next six weeks will see L slowly recover week by week and then returning to school. At the moment that feels like a long way off in her recovery.

M is recovering well with his back whilst still wearing his back brace he's not using his crutches as much. A few more weeks before he's back at work though.

Thank you for all your messages on my last post I passed them on to L who also says thank you.

Carolx

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear L is on the road to recovery, what a brave girl you have! Hope M's back also continues to improve, you must be run ragged with 2 folks to look after. A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling it at the moment. But M is getting around more so I get him doing a few things to help.
      Carolx

      Delete
    2. I'm feeling it at the moment. But M is getting around more so I get him doing a few things to help.
      Carolx

      Delete
  2. Welcome back L and M. Take it easy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm sorry I missed this post - I know it sounds easy to say but each day they both should feel a little bit better! L has been so brave and so have you Mum! Two patients to run around after - make sure you look after yourself too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ThanKs Rachel. M is well on with his recovery and is waiting for Preston hospital to sort out a check up. It should have been at 8 weeks. L is very slowly improving but still requires lots of looking after. I'm now getting better sleep so able to cope with the days ok.
      Carolx

      Delete

Farewell

I've taken some time to think this through and decided to stop blogging. I'm not getting out of it as much as I did when I first sta...