Saturday 17 February 2018

Half Term

Half term is almost over and we haven't done much. It's been so cold and wet we didn't want to venture out out doors unless we had to.
Laura spent Monday at her work experience and the following day working on an assignment she needs to hand in next week and Wednesday we had a movie day where we sat on the sofa and did nothing but kept warm and cosy. I went to craft club on Thursday morning whilst Laura cleaned out her fish tank. Some great news was announced at craft club - Our library that was closed last year is to reopen on 26 Feburary and craft club can rturn on the same day at the same time in the same old room. A lot of work has gone on at the library, walls have been painted, new solid front doors, new furnature and rearrangment of the lay out inside. I can't attend the official opening of the library as I'm at the dentist but I will call in afterwards.
What else have I done this week. Oh yes I finally got my car back yesterday. It's taken a month to fix it up after the collision last month. Because the door didn't shut properly rain got in and the drivers seat has a water stain on it. I mentioned this as I looked around and inspected the work done. The manager came out and said that they would get a proper valeter to clean it but can't arrange anything until Monday.
Yesterday I also had a man out to look at my washer, as that's broke down. I explained the problem and he had a look at it and said it was the starter motor and to get a new one it would cost £180. He advised that it wasn't worth spending that kind of money as he sold washers in his shop for £189. I took his advice and today we are going to find a new washer. 
So what else have I done since my last post. Well, about 20ish years ago I started to crochet a jacket, no ordinary jacket but an Irish crochet jacket. This year I decided that it will get finished. I have 1 full sleeve and the top of the other one to complete. I take it to craft club and manage to do about 2-3 rows. It's going to take a long time at this rate. At home I'm working on a purple jumper that I started before Christmas. All parts are knitted and need sewing together. It has a picot edge to the top, bottom and sleeves so before I stitch that down I'm sewing some beads onto each piont to make it more special. I will do a show and tell when It's complete.
I've also been doing some exam invigilating for the year 11 mocks. There is more next week and the week after. In a couple of months the GCSE's and A Levels start followed by the rest of the school's end of year exams.
I need to get a wriggle on as it's time I got breakfast and got myself ready for looking at washers.
Have a great weekend.

Carolx

4 comments:

  1. I love a new washer. Your clothes always seem cleaner somehow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, don't they. I decided on a Samsung with a little door on the door so you can add any forgotten items without having to stop the cycle. It was on a special offer of a 5 year guarentee for paerts and labour instead of 3 and a 10 year guarentee for the motor, and it had £100 nocked off the original price.

      Carolx

      Delete
  2. Hello Carol! I've just read a few of your posts - sorry that you've had a rough couple of years, I really hope 2018 is a better one for you and your family.

    I have no idea what Irish crochet is so I need to look that up but it sounds hard if you've been working on it for 20 years :)

    Glad you got the washer sorted out, I could make do without a lot of electrical items at a push but definitely not a washing machine. It's quite often the case that white goods are cheaper to replace than repair these days isn't it.

    Your craft club sounds fun. We have a local library but not sure if they run anything like that.

    Looking forward to popping in again soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome No38. I grew up at a No 38. 2018 has been good so far. Irish crochet isn't hard at all, it's that I kind of lost interest and was doing other stuff. In my younger days I could cope without a washing machine but not now with arthitis in my hands. I think most Lancashire county libraries will have a craft and chat session but I don't know about other authorities.
      Carolx

      Delete

Farewell

I've taken some time to think this through and decided to stop blogging. I'm not getting out of it as much as I did when I first sta...