Tuesday 27 August 2013

Flower show

Hello friends

Did you all have a good Bank Holiday Weekend? We did. We went to stay with some friends at Alston, in Cumbria. We did some shopping in Carlisle and L came away with 3 new dresses and a pair of funk jeans. Me? a lighter purse. M went down a lead mine with J to do some photography; something they have been doing for a long time. We all went for a walk to the biggest waterfall in England, High Force. pictures are not downloaded yet.

I also wanted to tell you about last weeks Flower and Arts and Crafts show. It was a great success with lots of visitors which included the Mayor of Wyre and the Gala Queen and Prince Charming.
L had twenty four entries I had only two. I got 1st prize for my crochet blanket
 
 
L got quite a few prizes and came away with two trophies. Some pictures of her entries




 
 
 
 
The dignitaries with the Chairman of the Horticultural Society, on the right. 

The hall looking calm with the exhibits being judged before the public arrive. The hall smell wonderful with all the different blooms and foliage.                                                                  It wasn't long before I was very busy sorting out the winnings and handing them out. A very busy day for me. Now the next big job for me is to get the accounts ready for our next meeting in October.
It has taken me all day to write this post in between washing, unpacking, pegging out, more washing. Time for a home made slushy. Left over party ice crushed in the blender and poured over some orange cordial. Refreshing but watch out for brain freeze.  
Thank you for dropping by it was lovely to see you. Now for some catch up reading of your blogs. See you soon.
 
Carolx


3 comments:

  1. Well done for getting a first - lovely blanket. You've been very busy. I bet your slushy drink was very refreshing in this hot weather.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The slushy was very refreshing. Now I know it won't break the blender I will be making some more this week for L and friends.
      Carolx

      Delete
  2. What a fun and busy day! And I love your blanket! (And the slushy. YUM.)

    ReplyDelete

Farewell

I've taken some time to think this through and decided to stop blogging. I'm not getting out of it as much as I did when I first sta...