Monday 18 November 2013

Mum's Sunshine Award

Hello friends
 
Nice to see you all. Mum. over at mum's simply living blog was given a Sunshine Award and instead of nominating other bloggers she has left it open for any of her flowers to join in. That's nice.
 

 

'The Sunshine Award is an award given to those who inspire us and bring sunshine into our lives.'

There are a few simple rules:-

1) Include the award logo in your blog post.

2) Link to the person who nominated you.

3) Answer 10 questions about yourself.

4) Nominate other bloggers. 
 
 
 
Mum's 10 questions are as follows:-  
 
 
 
1. What would be your first thought if you saw the first flakes of snow falling from the sky?

Yeah! We don't usually get much snow here so it's quite exciting when it arrives. Saying that I don't like it to hang around too long. Just long enough to build a snowman and have a snowball fight.

2. Let's suppose you had to dress someone's snowman. What hat would you put on its head?

A flat cap
3. Do you celebrate this season? If so, how?

Assuming you mean Christmas - we have an artificial tree with traditional decorations (don't do colour themes) and nearly always buy two new tree decorations each year. L and I always go to a Christingle service and I make a small buffet tea for when we come home. M always goes to the pub on Christmas eve afternoon and usually come to church a bit worse for where.
4. It's cold, wet and blustery and you have to go out. What do you wear on your feet?

If I really, really had to go out it will be either walking boots, wellies, or a nice pair of full shoes (not sandals)

5. What game would you recommend for a seasonal party for friends and neighbours?

I have three brother  and when we were young we always played monopoly. Now I like Trivial Pursuits


6. You are going to a seasonal party for friends and neighbours - how would you like to spend the evening?

Chatting, drinking, nibbling and maybe playing a few games.
 7. Do you have a favourite decoration for putting out at this time of year? Please describe.

I like to put out my nativity set because for me that is what Christmas is about.
 8. Have you written your Christmas cards yet?

Not yet

9. Are you making or crafting anything seasonal at the moment?

I have made three gifts so far  and plan to make a further four. I also have four mini Christmas cakes to almond and ice.

10. There's always something to like about each season. What do you particularly associate with this season?

I love Christmas, The decorations, the preparations, the whole atmosphere, oh just everything (except the shopping, I hate shopping).

I'm not passing this on because I'm full of a chesty cold and can't think of any questions. If you do want to join in maybe you would like to use Mum's questions above.

Hope you have a great week. and I will see you soon

Carolx


 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for accepting the award. It was fun reading your answers. Now go and get those cards sorted!!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mum. hehehe couldn't resist that one.

      Carolx

      Delete

Farewell

I've taken some time to think this through and decided to stop blogging. I'm not getting out of it as much as I did when I first sta...