L went back to school yesterday into year 11 and I return to school today (shortly in fact). I enjoy the holidays when I can spend lots of quality time with L. M has had a little bit of time off but has had to work twice as much because his driver (M is a taxi driver) who shares the work has had 4 weeks off.
Some of the things we've done:
- L's operation was put back so we had a camping trip taking L's friend with us - We all had fun.
- Lots of walks on the beach and collected some sea glass
- Went to some local fun days
- Ate lots of ice-creams
- Spent the day at our local flower and craft show - sorry no pictures. I took my camera but didn't have time to take any pictures
- Went to a travelling circus - We enjoyed this very much
- Shopping for school uniform - No fun and oucho!
- L and M rode their bikes through the Blackpool Illuminations - They had fun and want to do it again next year.
- Walks along the River Wyre with a stop off at the pub for refreshments before walking back
- Decorated L's Room - Nearly finished and will do a separate post about this
- We planned a video day for a rainy day where we would watch Scooby Doo all day - Didn't happen - it didn't rain. We can do this another day with maybe a Tom and Jerry day too
During the holidays I rang Manchester's Children's Hospital about L's appointment for her operation, as it was postponed from July to September, and I wanted to check that it was still on. It wasn't, it had been put back to December and could even be later than that so I gently complained saying that it had been put back four times already. After an interesting discussion, on the phone, it was decided that we would change consultant (there are four in the team) and L's name was put on the list that was the shortest. Over the weekend gone we received a letter from the hospital inviting us to L's pre-op appointments (2). The first one is next week and the 2nd one the week after. Next week we will find out what date the operation on her back will be. L was in a bit of a state afterwards and has wanted to talk about it every night, before going to sleep, but is now feeling a bit calmer until next week. L feels that this news has cast a dark shadow over a fun summer. We'll have to have some chats about what we've done and how they made us feel and bring back the happy feelings.
That's all my news for now