Tuesday 23 September 2014

Hello Friends

Hope you are all ok. I have beginnings of a cold and hope it stays there.

Life is a bit crazy hear at the moment. We came back from our holidays on a Thursday and L went back to school on Friday, I got a phone call on Tuesday, from the school where I invigilate, asking if I was available to do some casual work in the kitchens - 2 1/2 hours a day. I worked 2 years temporary prior to invigilating. Having previously discussed the hours with the head cook (also friend who had put on a good word)  and dad regarding the care needs of mum I agreed to start the following day and since then I've not been able to get into a daily routine. It will come in time.

Today I wanted show you something I made for me for our holiday.



I've been making these crochet squares for a while to make a blanket for L's bed and then I though I would like to make a bag. It's similar to a messenger bag in style. I lined it it too.


When I went to pick the material for the lining some of the stitched pieces and we got out several bolts of colours and small patterns and slowly eliminated different one until the pink and white dots was decided upon.


Next I though the flap needed to be weighted down as I've not added any fastenings. These are some of the beads that I'm adding to the twiddle muffs and because they are rainbow I thought the would go with the colours of the bag.  It got lots looks whilst on holiday and a few comments too. It;s now put away until next summer.

This khaki canvas bag I've had for years and I felt it needed an update and feminising. (Sorry no before picture). Dad had a long net curtain with lace on the bottom. The project he was doing he didn't require the lace to took it off and gave it to me and that is what I used to update my bag.



My bag has a pocket in the flap so I cut the lace lengthways along the pattern which created a lovely scalloped edge and conceals the zip. I've hand stitched the lace on as close to the edge as I could. I use this bag a lot on days out because it has a really long adjustable strap and hold lots of stuff.

I need to get the breakfast post washed and get myself organised for lunch time.

See you soon

Carolx

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the way you have trimmed that lace. And the bead weights on the other bag are a very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not in the least bit crafty...and I'm always amazed at what people like you can do.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great makeovers for the bags.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bags, no wonder the crochet one got comments, it is fab! A x

    ReplyDelete

Farewell

I've taken some time to think this through and decided to stop blogging. I'm not getting out of it as much as I did when I first sta...