Wednesday 10 October 2012

Rhubarb and Ginger Jam

Hello friends

Welcome to new follower Angela

Yesterday I made Rhubarb and Ginger Jam. I've not made it before although I have tasted it and thought it was delicious. Its very easy to make.

Ingredients
 Makes 1lb

1lb Rhubarb sliced into 1inch lengths
1lb sugar
Juice of one lemon
1 inch piece of fresh ginger
2oz preserved ginger finely chopped

Bruise the fresh ginger and wrap it in some muslin. Pace it in the preserving pan (or heavy based pan) and if possible tie the end of the string to you pan handle. Add the rhubarb and sugar.
Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for about 15 minutes.
Remove the fresh ginger and discard. Add the preserved ginger and boil for a further 5 minutes or until setting point.
Remove any scum and then pot into sterile jars and cover.

 
 
I made double the recipe as I had the rhubarb, I would have made more but my pan isn't big enough.
 
Enjoy
 
Carolx



      

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the welcome! I have planted a rhubarb crown this year - hoping to harvest some and jam it NEXT year!
    blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous! I need a good recipe for the next crop of rhubarb.Thanks!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It realy is delicious.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete

Farewell

I've taken some time to think this through and decided to stop blogging. I'm not getting out of it as much as I did when I first sta...