Saturday, 19 December 2015

Day 19 Preparing for Christmas

Hello everyone


I'm back. We brought M home from hospital a week ago. He is much better after being home a week. Still on crutches and pain killers but starting to get around a bit more. Yesterday he came grocery shopping with me (his first trip out) and managed to hobble around most of the store but had to rest a while as I went through the check out. He was then done in for the rest of the day but felt good to have actually have left the house and got a bit of fresh air.


How do I prepare for Christmas?


Well under the circumstances it's a good job I do prepare for Christmas. My preparations start in January with saving an amount each month ready for the bulk of the shopping.


I like to go shopping in the January sales for cards and wrapping paper. We need about 60 to 80 cards and usually only about 2 rolls of wrapping paper (if their decent ro1ls) If I've seen any decorations that I really, really like I wait for the sales and if it's reduced to my liking I might get it/them.


Throughout the year I will look a mark downs/special offers on gifts/toys/clothing etc and decide if it will be suitable for someone. If it is I will stash it away ready for the big day. This year my best bargain was 3 big hard back books I bought, from a shop closing down, for my little nieces and nephew total  price was £3 (full price £15) I also look out for suitable stocking fillers too.


I start my food shopping from September getting little bits like tins and yellow sticker meats/special offers  (I buy these anyway but I look out for small joints of ham/chicken legs/sausages etc). In stead of buying any of the fancy buffet foods I usually make one or two but this year I've got yellow sticker snack foods and stored them in the freezer ready for our Boxing Day family gathering. next year I would like to do more baking for Christmas and freeze it. (We'll see)


I'm always on the look out for things I can make too. Either knitted, sewn or crocheted. I've not made much this year but seriously considering it for next year.


I would love to hear how you prepare for Christmas.


Carolx



2 comments:

  1. I used to do as you regarding presents etc but now it's all online in December!! I have no need to buy cards or paper for years as I've stashed up on sale things for a lot of years!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loads birthday wrapping paper that will last for years but have cut down on Christmas paper. I've done some online shopping this year but not sure I could do it all online though.
      Carolx

      Delete